Client: Damietta Port Authority.
Location: Damietta, Egypt.
Project Duration: 2021-2023.
Scope of work:
- Construction of a new western breakwater to protect the New-Damietta harbor and also to expand its ship capacity.
- The new western breakwater is about 3600 m.L. and consists of
- Core layer (rock size of 100 to 400 Km)
- First filtration layer (rock size of 200 to 400 Km)
- Protection and filter layers (rock size of 500 to 2000 Km)
- Armor Layer (rock size of 2500 to 3000 Km)
- Tetrapod And precast concrete cube layer (size of 4.0 to 14.0 Ton)
- The scope of work includes supply of:
- Crushed rocks “Dolomite” = 1,556,211 m3, rock size vary from 100 kg to 3000 kg each.
- Concrete Tetrapod (4,6,10&14 Ton) size = 35,364-unit, Concrete Qty about 147,000 m3.
- Concrete cube (4&10 Ton) size = 15,519-unit, concrete Qty about 60,000 m3
- Mobilization area 360,000 m2.
- Breakwater height vary from 4.0 m up to 14.5 m from Bed level to Road level.